Kale is packed with vitamins A & C and provides a decent amount of calcium and iron too! Check out the complete nutrition facts for cooked kale, here.
Here's how you make them:
- Wash and dry your kale thoroughly (Drying is VERY important. If it's not dry, it will steam and turn brown rather than stay a nice bright crispy green).
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Break kale into larger than bite-size pieces, removing the large stems (It will shrink when you bake it).
- Toss in extra virgin olive oil.
- Lay them in one layer on a baking sheet
- Sprinkle very lightly with sea salt
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes (each oven is different so keep a close eye on them the first time you make them).
I plan to try making beet chips and parsnip chips in the near future, so stay tuned!!